Kefir is something I’ve come to love on my THM journey. In fact, before THM I had never even heard of kefir! What is it? Kefir is a cultured milk that’s tangy like Greek yogurt, but still pourable like milk. It’s rich in probiotics, which help heal your gut and keep it clean.
Pumpkin Spice Kefir Smoothie (THM E, S, or FP)
- 1 cup lowfat, plain kefir (I love the kind from Trader Joe’s, and it’s a bargain!)
- S mode: 1 Tsp coconut oil, E or FP: keep to 1 tsp, or omit
- S mode: optional teaspoon of ground flax, omit for E or FP
- S mode: 1 scoop whey isolate, E or FP: stick to 1/2 scoop
- 2 heaping Tsp pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Sweetener to taste (I used about 1 Tsp Truvia, Gentle Sweet works too)
Place all ingredients into a single-serve or full-sized blender and blend well. Serve over ice, if you wish.
Delicious! Normally, I stick to fruit in my kefir and make it an E, but this was a delightful change.
Have you tried kefir? What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?