Happy Monday, again!
I have lots of fun things on the menu this week. You’ll see my Halloween spirit shining through, because I can barely contain it anymore.
- Monday, Oct. 17 – All-beef Halloween-themed mummy-dogs. I enjoyed a few of these with some Parmesan Whisps on the side.
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 – Homemade gluten-free chicken tenders and mashed cauliflower.
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 – Butternut squash and apple soup. I had this on the menu last week, and we ended up having leftovers that night instead.
- Thursday, Oct. 20 – Nacho-stuffed jack-o-lantern peppers. I keep seeing the jack-o-lantern pepper idea on Food Network, so I’ll try it and report on if it’s actually worth the effort.
- Friday, Oct. 21 – “S” style turkey dinner. I have a few turkey breasts, to which I’ll make some S-friendly dressing and green beans to accompany it.
I’m starting to test Thanksgiving meal ideas – This week I’ll do “S” style (which I figure many people will try to do on the real day), and in a few weeks I’ll switch it up for “E.” A fellow blogger I roll with just added a really tasty looking recipe for homemade cranberry “sauce” last week, which I want to try. I completely hate cranberries (especially that canned jelly), but I will go out on a limb for y’all. I’m also feeling like making a Halloween-style trifle this week with homemade pudding and chocolate cookie crumbles. Stay tuned!