This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
My mother-in-love has made these lovely sausage and cream cheese crescent rolls for years during the holidays. It’s honestly one of my favorite things about the holidays!
Since we are both Trim Healthy Mamas, I wanted to figure out a way we could still have our favored holiday treat.
Enter: magic fathead pizza dough.
This dough is so versatile! I even added a little “crescent” flavor to it by putting in a touch of butter extract. I kept the filling the same, just breakfast sausage and cream cheese. I’ve used hot sausage before, which is very tasty. Get creative and use your favorite – there are numerous good blends!
I mean, don’t they look EXACTLY like crescent rolls?
I even fooled my husband with these – and he’s a hard one to get “low carb” things past.
Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls (THM S)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Begin by browning the sausage in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the fat and cool slightly. Add 4oz of cream cheese and stir to combine.
- Make the dough by melting the mozzarella cheese and 2 Tbsp of cream cheese in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Stir and add in the almond flour, 1 egg, butter extract, and salt.
- Stir until well combined, and place between 2 sheets of parchment. Roll out to about a 10in round and slice into long triangles.
- Add about 1 Tbsp of the sausage filling and roll like a crescent. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Whisk the remaining egg, and brush the tops of the crescents lightly. This helps ensure that you get golden brown tops of your crescents.
- Bake at 375 for about 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.