This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
Are you ready for all the decadence and none of the guilt?
I bring you, peppermint cheesecake-stuffed brownies. OH, YES I DID.
I’m a lover of recipe books. I have memories of flipping through my mom’s old cookbooks when I was a kid. It’s inspiring looking at all the pretty food, plus it gives you new and different ideas.
One day I was flipping through an old Pillsbury holiday booklet (not even a cookbook, more like a mini magazine. Yes, I keep those too.), and came across these cheesecake-stuffed brownies. Oh. My. Gravy. Who wouldn’t love that mash-up?! So, I decided to take it a step further and give the brownies a mint flavor.
Once the brownie layer is whipped together, halve the batter between 2 bowls and add the chips to the bottom layer. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil, and spread the base layer evenly into the bottom of your dish.
For the cheesecake layer, cream together one 8oz block of softened cream cheese with some Pyure, vanilla, and one egg. Lightly spoon the mixture evenly on top of the base layer, leaving a 1/4 – 1/2 inch border around the edge.
Carefully spoon the remaining batter on top, pushing it to the edges and gently down the edge with a thin spatula to “connect” the brownie layers.
The whole thing then bakes at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Don’t worry, at the end of the baking time it will look puffy, and almost “broken” on top. It’s ok! Once it cools, the cheesecake deflates and everything sets beautifully. The only catch is you have to be patient and let it come all the way down to room temperature before enjoying a slice.
Talk about holly jolly in my mouth! YUM.
Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies (THM S)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- For the brownie layers:
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c unsalted butter (1/2 a stick), melted
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c Pyure or Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 c sugar free chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract For the cheesecake layer:
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c Pyure or Gentle Sweet
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the dry ingredients, except for chocolate chips, together in a medium bowl. 3. Add the melted butter and coconut oil.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and cream, then add to the rest of the mixture.
- Halve the batter between two bowls, and fold the chocolate chips into the base layer.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with coconut oil, and pour in the base layer.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cheesecake layer together in a medium bowl until combined. Gently spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the base layer, leaving a 1/4-1/2 inch of brownie border around the edge.
- Gently spoon the other half of the brownie batter on top of the cheesecake layer, spreading it evenly over the top and running a spatula around the edges to seal the brownie layers.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. An inserted toothpick should come out mostly clean at the end of cooking.
- Cool completely to room temperature before slicing.