This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
If you aren’t already aware, bacon and blue cheese are besties.
I remember my mother-in-love making a fabulous bacon and blue cheese spread years ago, before my husband and I were married, and I think that was the moment her and I became best buds. We completely bonded over our mutual love of this spread, and it never died.
Another example: For my husband’s and my anniversary a few years ago, we went all-out to a fancy steakhouse nearby. I still remember that meal, because it was so amazing. Beautifully seared steak alongside a risotto which featured, you guessed it, blue cheese and bacon. THEIR LOVE CANNOT BE DENIED.
Flash forward to Thanksgiving season this year, and I was heavily contemplating what appetizers to make for our Friendsgiving meal [we spent our day with friends, so we dubbed it Friendsgiving ^_^]. In dreaming up ideas, my mind came to this conclusion: a warm bacon and blue cheese dip.
Cream cheese, scallions, crispy bacon, blue cheese, and a variety of stringy cheeses to take it that extra mile (because I can).
People went nuts over it. Even people
like my husband who feel “meh” towards blue cheese, could NOT get enough of this dip. Simple ingredients, easy prep, and you get something that’s equal parts impressive and tasty.
I mean, need I do more explaining?
Serve this dip with some baked low carb pitas and/or an assortment of crudites (zucchini sticks, cucumbers, celery, mini sweet peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.).
I’m loving this new stoneware made by Le Creuset. The larger stone baking dish fit this dip perfectly, and it made for great presentation (straight from the oven to the table). If you don’t have a dish like this, that’s OK – just pick something relatively long and shallow that will make for easy spooning/dipping.
Warm Bacon & Blue Cheese Dip (THM S)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- 2 8oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c heavy cream or half and half
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese (or a mix of mozzarella and monterrey jack)
- 1/4 c blue cheese crumbles
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 6-10 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients, leaving out half of the mozzarella, parmesan, and parsley. You can also reserve a small handful of bacon as topping.
- Lightly butter your baking dish, and spoon in the dip mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheeses and parsley. (If you’re worried about the mixture dripping, you can place the dish on a sheet pan. Although, mine did not boil over.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot with an assortment of crudites.