This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
You are going to love how quick, easy, and flavorful this barbecue sauce is!
Growing up in the South, with family who knows their way around barbecue, I know barbecue sauce to be a little on the sweet side with a kick.
The ingredients are pretty straight forward, and it only takes about 30 minutes for this to cook down.
This sauce is perfect to throw together as your dinner cooks, or as a make-ahead, because this sauce only gets better with time.
It’s perfectly dippable or spoonable, and has just the right amount of spice.
Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce (THM FP)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet
- 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 tsp mustard (any variety – I used good ol’ yellow mustard)
- 1 tsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- hot sauce to taste (I used about 10 dashes for a “background kick”)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pot and cook uncovered over medium heat until it reduces by about 2/3 and is slightly thickened.
- Serve warm or cool and store in an enclosed container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks.