Call me crazy, but vanilla bean is probably the best flavor of ice cream there is. Yep, I said it! It’s the backbone of many tasty desserts: ice cream cake, shakes, floats, sundaes, and it’s the essential topper for warm baked goods.
This no-cook ice cream is the quickest, easiest ice cream you’ll ever make!
This ice cream base is my absolute favorite [mostly because I can make it in my blender without the whole headache of making and cooling a custard], and it’s unbelievably creamy.
The base consists of good-for-you-fats like MCT oil, coconut oil, eggs, and raw cacao butter. I also use heavy cream in the base, but you could make it dairy free by using unsweetened vanilla almond milk or canned full fat coconut milk (if you opt for coconut milk, skip the step of adding ice cubes and just add it straight to your ice cream machine.)
Simply whip together all the ingredients except for the ice cubes in a high-speed blender until creamy and slightly thickened. Begin adding the ice cubes one at a time, blending well for about 10 seconds between.
Transfer the mixture into your pre-chilled ice cream machine and churn for approximately 15 minutes, or until it reaches soft serve consistency.
Place the ice cream into a long, shallow freezer-proof dish, cover, and freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.
Perfectly soft and creamy ice cream with gorgeous flecks of vanilla bean throughout. [Can you tell that I’m a lover of ice cream?]
This base is my favorite because it doesn’t become a rock in the freezer – it’s like grocery store ice cream texture, scoopable straight out of the freezer.
If you’re feeling like some extra decadence, go ahead and top that beautiful ice cream with some of my easy 5-Minute Hot Fudge [spoiler alert – it tastes like a liquid brownie. SO. GOOD.].
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
Vanilla Bean Fat Bomb Ice Cream (THM S)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 c raw cacao butter, melted
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c MCT oil
- 1/4 c Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet
- 1 c heavy cream (for dairy free, you can replace with almond milk or canned coconut milk.*)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tbsp vegetable glycerin or vodka, optional (helps keep the texture soft after freezing)
- big pinch of salt
- 5-7 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients, except for the ice cubes, into a high-powered blender and whip until creamy and slightly thickened.
- Begin adding the ice cubes, one at a time, blending well for about 10 seconds between.
- When the mixture is thick and slightly chilled, transfer it to your pre-frozen ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer to a shallow, freezer-safe dish and freeze for at least one hour before serving. *NOTE: If you’re using coconut milk for the dairy free version, SKIP the ice cube step and transfer the base straight to your ice cream machine.