If there’s one snack I’m constantly in need of, it’s protein on-the-go. It took a few weeks of tinkering, but I finally perfected these no-bake protein bars that come together in less than 10 minutes.
These come together right in your food processor in a little more than 5 minutes. You can prep them in the morning, and have a high-protein snack for every day of the work week.
Start by combining the whey, collagen, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, cacao nibs, and sweetener in your food processor and pulse a few times. *NOTE: cacao nibs can be bitter, but they nicely balance the sweetness of these bars. If you would prefer to use Lily’s chips, that will work as well, just back off the amount to 3 Tbsp. You could also replace with equal amounts of any roughly chopped nut.
Next, with the food processor running, add the extracts, oil or butter, and water (one Tbsp at a time) until the mixture starts to stick to itself.
Turn the mixture out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Dampen your hands, press the mixture together, then form into an even rectangle (or any shape that makes it easy to cut and portion).
Refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes, cut into 5 portions, wrap in parchment or plastic wrap, and store in a zip-top bag in the fridge.
Rich, sweet chocolate protein bars that are easy to make and perfect to grab and go.
These bars have become my go-to post-workout snack. It’s the perfect boost of protein with a chocolate kick that keeps my energy levels up and my stomach full. They’re the perfect any time snack you can take anywhere.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
Chocolate Brownie Protein Bars (THM FP)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- Combine the whey, collagen, cocoa, sweetener, salt, and cacao nibs in a food processor and pulse 2-3 times.
- With the food processor running, add the extracts and melted oil or butter. Once those are incorporated, begin adding the water 1 Tbsp at a time until the mixture begins to stick to itself.
- Turn the mixture out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- With damp hands, press the mixture together and form into an even rectangle.
- Refrigerate for at least 15-20 minutes to harden, portion, cut, and wrap each bar. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.