This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
These recipes from our family strawberry-picking outing are probably some of my favorites to date. If you love strawberries, I know you’ll love this too!
Cobblers are huge in the South. They can be an elegant dessert for a crowd, or a laid back treat on a cool Spring evening.
My brain is hard-wired for peach cobbler, and I didn’t even think of other fruits until my wonderful friend, Amanda, suggested a strawberry version in light of my berry-abundance. All I have to say is, she is a friggin’ genius!
This strawberry cobbler is so fresh, sweet, and delightfully low maintenance in preparation.
Start by preheating your oven to 350, and while it’s preheating add the butter to a deep casserole dish and set it in the oven to melt gently.
When the oven is done preheating, take the dish out and add the strawberry mixture to it, then prepare the topping.
First, stir together the dry ingredients – almond and coconut flours, baking powder, salt, and Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet. Beat in the eggs, then the softened cream cheese and vanilla bean paste (or sub for 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract).
Now, this part is really technical – drop it in large globs onto the top of the strawberry mixture. Smooth it just slightly, pushing it down into the strawberries gently.
Bake the cobbler at 350 for about 25-30 minutes, until the top is nicely browned and the strawberries are bubbling.
I know – your mouth is watering already, but wait for it.
Let the cobbler stand for about 5-7 minutes before cutting.
Use a big spoon, and cut down into that bad boy. Serve with ice cream (homemade or So Delicious sugar free is fabulous!) or whipped cream, and spoon some extra saucy strawberry goodness over the top.
It’s so gorgeous, I can’t stand it!
The cold ice cream melts down gently over the warm cobbler. Juicy, tangy and sweet strawberries on the bottom topped with a soft, biscuit-like topping – I mean COME ON. It just doesn’t get better than this!
Low Carb Strawberry Cobbler (THM S)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- For the Berries:
- 4 c roughly chopped strawberries (large chunks)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter For the Topping:
- 1 c almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, or 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tsp Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet Toppings (optional):
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- homemade vanilla ice cream, or other on plan substitute (So Delicious with the teal top, or Halo Top as a personal choice)
- Preheat oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, place butter into a deep casserole dish and place into the oven to melt gently.
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, lemon juice, sweetener, and xanthan gum.
- When the oven is finished preheating, take the dish out and place the strawberries into it.
- Prepare the topping by first combining the dry ingredients, then adding the eggs and beating in the cream cheese and vanilla paste or extract.
- Dollop the topping over top of the strawberries, and gently press the topping down onto the strawberries.
- Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top is browned and the berries are bubbly.
- Cool for 5-7 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with on-plan vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, and enjoy.