These strawberry cupcakes are not only fresh and tasty, but so easy to make!
These cupcakes are a celebration of the beautiful, fresh strawberries of Spring. They’re popping up by the gallon at our local farmer’s markets in Georgia already, and I just can’t resist them.
For the batter and frosting, you’ll need to make a batch of my Strawberry Sauce. It helps preserve your fresh berries while readying them for different recipes: baked goods, pies, syrups, or pour it over ice cream.
For the cupcakes, combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl: almond flour, Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, strawberry sauce, lemon zest and juice.
Whisk the wet into the dry mixture until just combined. For a deeper pink color, you can add food coloring if you like. I liked the natural look, so mine are pictured with no additional coloring.
Scoop the mixture into a lined cupcake pan [I love using an ice cream scoop for this! Makes the portions even, and one scoop is the perfect amount of batter.]
Bake the cupcakes in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned and fully set in the middle.
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely while you make the frosting.
For the strawberry frosting, combine the softened cream cheese, butter, Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Once the mixture is slightly fluffy, add the strawberry sauce and whip until fully incorporated.
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a tip, and pipe some onto each cupcake.
These cupcakes are moist with the lightly sweet and tart flavor of fresh strawberries. The frosting is the perfect creamy complement to these delicate cupcakes.
My kiddos enjoyed these very much [probably because I let them have cupcakes for breakfast a few times ^_~]. Adults will love them too!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
Gluten Free Strawberry Cupcakes (THM S)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- For the Cupcakes:
- 2 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/3 c Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c Strawberry Sauce For the Strawberry Frosting:
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp Pyure or THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/3 c Strawberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For the cupcakes, combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Whisk the wet into the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into a lined cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, until lightly browned and fully set in the middle. Cool completely while you make the frosting.
- Combine all ingredients for the frosting except the strawberry sauce and whip with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the strawberry sauce, and beat again until fluffy.
- Pipe or spread the frosting even onto each cupcake. Serve immediately or refrigerate if making more than 24 hours ahead of serving.