This warm weather down in Georgia has me cooking up all of the fresh veggies and flavors of summer. These stuffed mushrooms are a tasty side for the family or an impressive appetizer for a whole party.
These stuffed mushrooms are so easy and flavorful, it’s going to blow your mind.
Start by mincing the tomato, shallot, garlic, and parsley. Season the vegetable mix with the juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper.
For more of a FP side, add just 1 Tbsp of crumbled feta. For an S, add 2 Tbsp of feta.
Remove the stems of your mushrooms and place them cap-side down on a baking sheet.
Fill each cap with about a teaspoon of filling. Some will be more or less, based on their size – just pack as much in there as you can, and fill them to the top of the cap.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. The mushrooms will be softened, but still able to hold their shape.
While they’re still hot, sprinkle with a little bit of parmesan and serve immediately.
The mushrooms are hearty, while the filling is delicate, zesty, and light.
These are perfect to go alongside some grilled protein, or as a fresh appetizer for a holiday party.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission off of purchases made using these links. If you’re interested in fitness, the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, or just living a more healthy life, please consider using one or more of the links below. The money made helps me feed my growing family and keeps this blog running with free recipes. Thank you!
Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms (THM FP/S)
Credit: Erin Murray, My Fling with Food
- 16oz whole cremini mushrooms
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1-2 Tbsp crumbled feta* (See Notes)
- salt and pepper
- Optional garnish: more fresh parsley, grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, shallot, garlic, parsley, lemon, and feta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently remove the stems from each mushroom, and place them cap-side down on a large baking sheet.
- Fill each cap with about a teaspoon of filling. Fill each cap to the brim, as the mushrooms and filling will cook down slightly.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. The mushrooms should be softened, but still able to hold their shape.
- While they’re still warm, sprinkle with Parmesan, if using. Serve immediately. *NOTES: For a FP, use just 1 Tbsp of feta. For an S, use 2 Tbsp.